Preventing Disease Transmission
Preventing Disease Transmission has been developed by the Canadian Red Cross in response to Covid-19. Participants will learn about how disease is spread and how to properly and safely use Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) in their workplaces and communities. Participants will leave with skills to keep themselves safe, as well as those around them.
Participants will learn and practise:
- Hand Sanitizing and Washing techniques
- Proper Glove use
- Proper Mask use
- Goggles and Face Shields
Participants will learn about N95 masks and Medical Gowns, however, due to supply shortages and to keep these supplies in our Hospitals and Essential Workplaces, practicals will not be part of the course.
This course is run in the evenings with a 6pm start.
- 1 Hour In Class Session with a Canadian Red Cross First Aid Instructor
- Paper Copy of the Manual is included in the cost.
- Masks are Mandatory at all times in the Training Rooms. Please bring with you a Non-Medical Disposable Surgical Mask, or a well-made Cotton Home-made Mask.
- PPE for learning will be supplied for the course.