The Canadian Red Cross WHMIS(2015) meets the general WHMIS training requirements based on current legislation.
The course is interactive and designed to be self paced. Divided into 6 modules, Participants must complete a knowledge quiz to progress to the next module, and generally be completed in 2 hours.
Upon completion of WHMIS 2015, participants will be able to:
- Understand the essential role WHMIS plays in protecting the health and safety of Canadian workers
- Identify the WHMIS responsibilities of suppliers, employers, and workers
- Know the workplace requirements related to the use of supplier labels and workplace labels, and how to locate and interpret the information found on these labels
- Recognize the WHMIS pictograms and the types of hazard each represents
- Recognize the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) as a source of comprehensive information about a hazardous chemical in the workplace and know how to locate various types of information when reading an SDS
- Identify the WHMIS exemptions for suppliers and importers
- Know general safe work practices that should be followed when working with hazardous products
Upon Completion, Participants will receive a Canadian Red Cross Certification.
Online Access to learning is processed during regular business hours.